The TRIM System is a simple-to-use laboratory device for measuring the soil-water retention curve (SWRC) and hydraulic conductivity function (HCF) of unsaturated soils in significantly less time than other approaches. The SWRC and HCF may be measured along either wetting or drying paths in as little as 5-7 days using either disturbed or undisturbed samples. The system may be operated in either steady-state mode or transient mode and is applicable for all major soil types, including sand, silts, and clays.
- Precision flow cell with integrated high-air-entry base (300 kPa)
- Bubble trap for quantifying diffused air volume
- Automated monitoring of pore fluid outflow
- Graphical user interface for automated data acquisition and post-processing
- Wetting and drying SWRC and HCF
- Integrated post processing software (HYDRUS-1D TRIM) for data reduction and parameter analysis.